Child Care Provider
The Companion Caregiver provides services to patients/clients in their places of residence that includes, but is not limited to, certain “hands-off” care. The provision of “hands-off” care as described above is contingent upon the licensing requirements of each state.
- Provides “hands off” care such as: providing and encouraging socialization, encouraging a mild exercise program, encouraging medication compliance through timely reminders to take medications, supervising the safety of the patient/client when bathing, toileting, and dressing, and assisting with grocery-shopping; and performing light housekeeping chores
- Arrives at the client’s home on time and leaves when shift schedule is complete
- Performs all Companion Caregiver duties in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintains confidentiality of all client information, in accordance with HIPAA standards
- Safeguards the client/patient by observing appropriate infection control procedures including but not limited to universal precautions
- Notifies the office of any abnormal findings or conditions
- Adheres to Companion Caregiver standards and procedures of the Company
- Represents the Company with a positive image at all times
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in meeting the needs of all facilities
- Effectively communicates with the office staff, including availability to work
- Adheres to time and attendance policies
- Provides requirements-related information (Annual PPD, In-services, etc.) in a timely fashion; follows all other compliance standards at all times
- Performs other Companion Caregiver duties as assigned/necessary
- One (1) year of experience as a Companion Care Homemaker/Companion Care Provider preferred
- Ability to adhere to time and attendance policies
- Ability to carry out tasks in a professional manner and adhere to policies regarding professionalism and boundaries
- Must demonstrate a compassionate nature and possess strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Computer proficiency required
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
What to Expect
Our checklist will walk you through updates in your applicant experience.
- Submit an Inquiry
- Submission Review
- Follow-Up by Recruiter
Maxim Healthcare is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please click here to view our EEO and AAP policy.