Special Education Teacher
- Prepares student education plans in consultation with parents and IEP team members.
- Designs instruction, both individual and small group, which parallels the general education curriculum.
- Serves as the coordinator of IEP implementation with general education staff.
- Monitors student progress, participates in review and revision of student’s IEP, as appropriate.
- Other Special Education Teacher related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university with an emphasis in appropriate field preferred.
- Transcripts Preferred.
- State Teacher Certification; Type: Standard Elementary Teaching, Standard Secondary Teaching, and Standard Special Teaching preferred.
- Endorsement: Learning Behavior Specialist (LBS1) preferred.
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
- Current TB results and/or chest X-ray.
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
What to Expect
Our checklist will walk you through updates in your applicant experience.
- Submit an Inquiry
- Submission Review
- Follow-Up by Recruiter
Maxim Healthcare Services makes all employment decisions, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, discharge, retirement, compensation, benefits, transfer, corrective action, or any other decisions affecting the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of federal, state, and local government entities. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, “disabled Veterans”, or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. Maxim values the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members.