Southeast NC Correctional Nursing
The Corrections Nurse works in close and immediate contact with prisoners on a daily basis providing general and emergency nursing care in the Medical and Ambulatory section of the Corrections Facility while maintaining facility security standards. When necessary, the Nurse makes referrals of inmates to the staff physician, nurse practitioner, dentist, mental health professional, or specialist in alcohol and drug abuse treatment. The Nurse ensures all medication is administered in accordance with standard operating procedures and as ordered by the authorizing authority.
- Utilizes the nursing process to plan, implement, treat and evaluate the patient/inmate
- Integrates and implements referrals of inmates to the staff physician, nurse practitioner, dentist, mental health professional
- Looks for signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient’s condition and reports to RN
- Documents the patient’s plan of care using identified nursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing interventions
- Monitors consistency between patient plan of care and actions of medical staff
- Collaborates with RN regarding the plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care, and effective/ineffective nursing interventions
- Documents patient’s response to nursing and other interventions
- Uses clinical judgment in evaluation and responding to emergency medical situations involving inmates or staff
- Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment
- Participates in infection control activities in accordance with department and as directed by Infection Control Coordinator
- Participates in the orientation and continuing education of staff
- Participates in the Health Quality Improvement Program
- Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge in accordance with 1) the Nurse Practice Act; 2) Standards of Nursing Practice; 3) Standards of Patient Care; 4) The Joint Commission, state and local laws; 5) Patient’s Bill of Rights; and 6) Maxim Healthcare, nursing and client policies
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- License to practice nursing in the State of North Carolina
- Minimum of one year of clinical nursing experience
- Current Health Certificate
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- MMR Records
- Computer proficiency required
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including but not limited to supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
At Maxim Healthcare Group, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
About Maxim Healthcare Group
Maxim Healthcare Group has making a difference in the lives of our patients, caregivers, and employees for more than 30 years. Our nationwide suite of services includes home healthcare, companion and behavioral care, healthcare staffing, and workforce solutions. Maxim’s commitment to customer service, compassionate patient care, and filling critical staffing needs makes us a trusted partner wherever healthcare is needed.
Maxim Healthcare Group is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
What to Expect
Our checklist will walk you through updates in your applicant experience.
- Submit an Inquiry
- Submission Review
- Follow-Up by Recruiter
Maxim Healthcare is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please click here to view our EEO and AAP policy.