RN Labor and Delivery
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
- Assess signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient's condition
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and information from health care members and documents and.or potential nursing diagnoses.
- Plans for expected outcomes of care for those patients assigned.
- Performs interventions according to identified priorities, plan of care, and the hospital policies and patient care outcome standard.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment.
- Uses clinical judgment in the evaluation of activities to meet patient care needs of an assigned unit/floor including establishing priorities.
- Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
- Promotes interpersonal relations with patients/family/significant others, hospital healthcare co-workers, and physicians.
- Uses effective communication skills with all contacts while being objective and sensitive.
- Communicates pertinent information about patient, nursing unit, and activities as appropriate.
- Arrives at the hospital in time before the scheduled shift starts to sign-in at the nursing office and report to the floor/unit for orientation and/or report.
- Work assignments are completed during the assigned shift, unless the hospital supervisor approved overtime.
- Dress/attire worn to the hospital is clean, professional, and appropriate for the clinical area assigned
- Uses knowledge and practice in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act; Standards of Nursing Practice; Standards of Patient Care; The Joint Commission, state and local laws; Patient Bill of rights per hospital, and Maxim nursing and client hospital policies..
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- Current Registered Nurse license within the state of practice.
- Current BLS card.
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
- One year of Labor and Delivery clinical experience within the last three years preferred.
- Ability to effectively elicit//provide information and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Computer proficiency required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
What to Expect
Our checklist will walk you through updates in your applicant experience.
- Submit an Inquiry
- Submission Review
- Follow-Up by Recruiter
Maxim Healthcare Services makes all employment decisions, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, discharge, retirement, compensation, benefits, transfer, corrective action, or any other decisions affecting the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of federal, state, and local government entities. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, “disabled Veterans”, or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. Maxim values the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members.
We value the online security of your information. To make sure your personal data is secure, only respond to emails from the domain @maxhealth.com. Inquiries showing other email addresses are not valid communications from Maxim Healthcare Services. We look forward to reviewing your credentials and the opportunity to work together.