Legal Support Assistant
The Legal Support Assistant provides administrative and clerical support for the legal investigations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Triages incoming emails to the Legal Team on matters such as patient rights, allegations of abuse/neglect/misappropriation of property, family-related concerns, discharges, against-medicaladvice issues, etc. and assign to appropriate personnel as warranted
- Assists personnel with collecting, tracking, and organizing information, records, and documentation related to legal inquiries received by the legal team
- Provides administrative support, including correspondence, creating and maintaining files, follow up with parties as needed
- Prints, organizes, and files documentation related to legal investigations
- Assists with organizing emails in outlook folders
- Assists with maintaining and updating the Legal Log
- Uploads documents to the legal database
- Prepares and updates tracking spreadsheets
- Completes miscellaneous projects, such as data entry, filing or reporting and other duties as assigned/necessary
- Acts as a liaison between the Legal Department and other internal departments to support legal and compliance efforts
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- High school degree or equivalent required, Associates Degree or higher preferred
- At least one (1) year of experience in legal and/or healthcare industries is preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent administrative, organizational, written and verbal skills, with the ability to quickly analyze issues and craft practical, business-oriented solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to consistently meet deadlines with high quality work product in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all areas and levels of the organization and outside counsel
- Ability to use judgment, tact and discretion
- Computer proficiency with database programs and Microsoft office programs
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
What to Expect
Our checklist will walk you through updates in your applicant experience.
- Submit an Inquiry
- Submission Review
- Follow-Up by Recruiter
Maxim Healthcare is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please click here to view our EEO and AAP policy.