Coding QA Coordinator – MHIS
The Coding Quality Assurance (QA) Coordinator supports the quality of coding provided by MHIS coders by performing internal coding QA on coding staff as indicated by the MHIS Coding Compliance Audit Plan, reviewing records in accordance with Client specific Coding Guidelines, and communicating any aberrant coding trends to the Site Coding Manager, Lead Coding Manager, and Director HIM Services. Additionally, theCoding QA Coordinator provides education to coders based on the QA results and address any coding discrepancies based on audit results.
EssentialDuties and Responsibilities:
· Works with Remote Operations Manager to obtain access at new sites and for all new coders
· Trains Coding Managers about site specifics and accessing client’s IT systems
· Understands and applies MHIS and facility specific coding guidelines
· Performs preliminary and routine audits on coding staff
· Communicates coding QA findings to coding staff, including applicable references, as appropriate
· Identifies coding risks/problems proactively and makes appropriate recommendations
· Completes weekly activity status reports and submits to the Remote Operations Manager, Coding Manager, and Director of HIM Services
· Completes timely quality audit summariesand sends to Remote Operations Manager for client distribution
· Demonstrateseffective time management skills by completing assignments within timeconstraints, budget, and calendar schedules
· Communicates professionally and effectively with coding staff and other Maxim staff
· Completes work assignments independently
· Keeps current with new laws, regulations, and guidelines related to coding
· Seeks guidance to complete any assigned task requiring further clarification
· Engages in professional development activities to maintain professional certification(s)
· Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
· Coding certification (CCS or CCS-P). Additional certification of CPC or CPC-H is a plus. Additional formal HIM education with nationalcertification (RHIA or RHIT) is preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years inpatient and outpatient hospital experience. (Additional physician coding experience a plus)
· Minimum of 3 years inpatient and outpatient hospital coding/auditing experience.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
What to Expect
Our checklist will walk you through updates in your applicant experience.
- Submit an Inquiry
- Submission Review
- Follow-Up by Recruiter
Please click here to view our EEO and AAP policy.