Reimbursement Documentation Audit Specialist
Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking a Part-Time (20-24 hours per week) Reimbursement Documentation Audit Specialist. The Reimbursement Documentation Audit Specialist is responsible for auditing every clinical note submitted for billing by each office to ensure that it meets all billing standards to be billed to the Payer. The Specialist will make the appropriate edits per their findings and will place shifts on a billing hold, if the office is waiting for specific billing requirements to be met, such as obtaining an appropriate order, authorization, or Patient signature.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify weekly timecard packets for accuracy.
- Review all notes for compliance and completeness before claims submission.
- Make appropriate edits, including modifying shifts according to a Payer’s rounding rules
- Place appropriate shifts on a billing hold and release holds when appropriate
- Communicate with the Reimbursement Specialist to make appropriate corrections
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must have strong attention to detail and can remain focused for long periods of time
- Possess quick and accurate Alpha/Numeric data entry skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as Web-enabled applications is required.
- Exhibit excellent work ethic and commitment to job responsibilities.
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
- Present a positive image that reflects well on the organization.
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and understand Billing requirements.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
What to Expect
Our checklist will walk you through updates in your applicant experience.
- Submit an Inquiry
- Submission Review
- Follow-Up by Recruiter
Maxim Healthcare is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please click here to view our EEO and AAP policy.