Director of State Affairs - South
Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking a Director of State Affairs to manage and coordinate State government activities within assigned states. This individual tracks, assesses, and advocates on state matters critical to the business; develops and communicates company policies and positions with relevant state and local government stakeholders (State legislatures, State and local government agencies, trade associations, professional/medical societies and groups, and patient advocacy coalitions, etc.); and builds relationships with these groups that help position the Company as a trusted source of health care policy information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors legislative and regulatory issues among states and major localities that would potentially impact the Company; alerts, advises and collaborates with staff on emerging opportunities and concerns
- Directs and supervises lobbying teams to advance the legislative and regulatory objectives
- Develops advocacy materials and campaigns based on data and sound public policy arguments
- Prepares and submits presentations, testimony, and other materials to decision-makers to advance specific goals and directives
- Assists in the development of strategic legislative and regulatory priorities by working with Company staff; provides knowledge and information relating to issues that impact their business lines and areas of responsibility
- Builds coalitions in support of the Company's public policy agenda by establishing strategic alliances with government stakeholders, trade associations, medical societies, patient advocacy groups, internal and external staff, and other appropriate groups and companies
- Builds upon lasting relationships with public policy stakeholders aimed at educating decision makers on the value of Maxim's services and at fostering a reputation for the company as a trusted source of health policy information
- Continuously works to protect and enhance the Company's reputation
- Anticipates and identifies threats and opportunities that could affect business units and their ability to conduct business across the states; emphasis on market access and reimbursement
- Responsible for thorough familiarity with company products and services, with sensitivity to those areas of business activity most affected by government regulatory and reimbursement action
- Participates in the management of grassroots advocacy campaigns and PAC fundraising
- Travels and attends events as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree or Juris Doctorate a plus
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the political decision-making process, particularly in the area of healthcare
- Strong and effective communication skills; excellent writing skills required; ability to articulate complex issues
- At least five (5) years of government and/or political affairs experience
- Familiarity with the home healthcare industry and/or related health care legislative and regulatory issues
- Ability to organize and facilitate internal and external teams
- Ability to function independently; "self-starter" with strong problem solving skills required
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and commitment to ethical business practices
- Must be willing and able to travel 30% of the time
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills required; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Strong computer proficiency required
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
What to Expect
Our checklist will walk you through updates in your applicant experience.
- Submit an Inquiry
- Submission Review
- Follow-Up by Recruiter
Maxim Healthcare is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please click here to view our EEO and AAP policy.