Maxim Healthcare Services' corporate headquarters is currently seeking a Payroll Specialist to be responsible for processing payroll information, reviewing and performing payroll audits, and serving as a point of contact for questions about pay policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes regular payroll information on a weekly basis, as well as bonuses and off-cycle checks when necessary
- Performs weekly overtime audits
- Keeps abreast of the payroll processing system and changes in wage/tax laws, and applies changes as appropriate
- Prepares follow-up for Stop Payment requests, manual check requests, and associated system updates
- Responds to questions regarding pay policies/procedures
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with customers, both internal and external
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 2-4 years of payroll processing experience, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience, preferred
- Should be familiar with payroll software and payroll reports
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Excellent listening, written, and oral communication, organizational, and time-management skills
Our company is committed to maintaining a challenging environment that promotes personal accountability, personal growth, and an active role in the driving vision of the company. We offer competitive pay, full benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as 401(k), 529 college savings plan, basic life insurance with the option of supplemental, and 17 days paid time off in addition to holidays and two floating holidays.
* Does not apply to CA residents. CA residents are eligible for 10 vacation days and 7 sick days.
Maxim Healthcare Services makes all employment decisions, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, discharge, retirement, compensation, benefits, transfer, corrective action, or any other decisions affecting the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of federal, state, and local government entities. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, “disabled Veterans”, or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. Maxim values the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
What to Expect
Our checklist will walk you through updates in your applicant experience.
- Submit an Inquiry
- Submission Review
- Follow-Up by Recruiter
Maxim Healthcare is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please click here to view our EEO and AAP policy.