Compliance and Ethics Coordinator
The Compliance and Ethics Coordinator (“CEC”) must maintain a comprehensive understanding of ethical principles, as well as the highest level of personal and professional conduct. The CEC must remain objective and independent when completing assignments, and consistently demonstrate the ability to hold information in confidence.
The CEC conducts investigations into reports and allegations of compliance violations and serves as a resource for individuals and offices seeking assistance with compliance-related concerns and questions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors influx of compliance concerns daily; responds to urgent issues with the appropriate teams immediately
- Coordinates and conducts investigations on complaints, concerns, and allegations to ensure proper, unbiased resolutions and action plans
- Maintains database of complaints, concerns, and allegations, for use by upper management
- Collaborates with Compliance Team members to develop processes and procedures for Compliance investigations
- Ensures timely and consistent interpretation, follow through, and resolution of reported compliance concerns
- Helps with identifying Compliance trends based on current and past investigations
- May assist with training of new Compliance and Ethics Coordinators, when needed
- Participates in Regional calls to discuss compliance trends and issues when needed
- Participates in the development of compliance education and training materials
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- Conducts in-depth, independent research into reports of compliance violations and gathers necessary information related to Compliance investigations/resolutions
- Coordinates and directs research and follow-up on complaints, concerns, and allegations to ensure proper, unbiased resolutions
- Evaluates documentation and evidence to establish facts
- Independently conducts telephonic and in-person interviews with employees and witnesses to obtain statements and information
- Utilizes and interprets data obtained from a variety of sources to support the investigation process
- Analyzes and reviews facts to ascertain whether violations of established policies and procedures have occurred
- Independently evaluates evidence, data, witness statements, and documentation to formulate conclusions and recommend corrective and disciplinary action
- Makes recommendations based on findings of compliance investigations
- Maintains investigation files, documents evidence and case notes, and prepares investigation summaries
- Confers and coordinates with Legal, Employee Relations, and Operations on a regular basis regarding investigations and recommendations
- Assists with the resolution of repayment-related concerns that may arise from Compliance audits and reported issues and concerns.
- Confers with Manager of Compliance Issues, Team Lead, and Senior Compliance and Ethics Coordinators, as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent highly preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in healthcare compliance and policies/procedures
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision
- Ability to maintain positive professional business relationships
- Strong project management experience a plus
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, along with attention to detail
- Ability to professionally and confidentially handle personnel information
- Ability to maintain HIPAA compliance
- Adaptability to change and ability to prioritize competing duties
- Computer proficiency, including experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and Sharepoint), required
- Working knowledge of Federal and State healthcare regulations, including HIPAA
- Knowledge of the Accreditation Commission for Health Care standards a plus
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
What to Expect
Our checklist will walk you through updates in your applicant experience.
- Submit an Inquiry
- Submission Review
- Follow-Up by Recruiter
Maxim Healthcare is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please click here to view our EEO and AAP policy.