Desktop Support Specialist II
Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking a Desktop Support Specialist II. The Desktop Support Specialist II assists staff in Maxim’s Corporate Office and remote locations with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. This support includes specifications, installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established guidelines. In addition, the Desktop Support Specialist II helps maintain and test associated equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates / configures Operating System builds and software packages
- Creates / manages software deployments using systems management tools
- Assists Maxim employees with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment, and software
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software
- Ensures desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application serves, and administrative systems
- Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software
- Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for purchases
- Adheres to all Maxim and worksite rules, policies and procedures
- Assists with supporting projects and programs
- Researches new software as recommended by the Company or its clients, and makes purchase recommendations
- Troubleshoots and resolves all support calls escalated from the Solution Center
- Implements all IT security standards. May perform other duties required, assigned, or deemed necessary by Maxim and/or the facility/client/supervisor
- Orders computer supplies
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- A preferred minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience supporting Windows and Mac devices - laptops, desktops, tablets
- Associates Degree in STEM or comparable Information Services/Technology certification(s) or education program(s); CompTIA A+ certification and/or MCP certification is a plus
- Lenovo Self Maintainer Technician or similar OEM certification is a plus
- Working knowledge of Citrix and VMware environments or similar technology
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktop and laptop PCs
- Experience installing software, patches, updates on desktops, laptops, servers
- Experience troubleshooting basic network, software, printing problems
- Excellent customer service, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Proven team player with outstanding interpersonal and communication (written & oral) skills
- Experience with Remedy ITSM preferred
- Experience with Microsoft products, including, but not limited to, SCCM, Office, Project, Internet Explorer and Visio
- At least two (2) years of customer service experience in an IT environment required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills necessary
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, courteous, and efficient manner
- Ability to meet deadlines and multitask
- Flexibility in supporting on-call requirements
Our company is committed to maintaining a challenging environment that promotes personal accountability, personal growth, and an active role in the driving vision of the company. We offer competitive pay, full benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as 401(k), 529 college savings plan, basic life insurance with the option of supplemental and 17 days paid time off in addition to holidays and two floating holidays.
*Does not apply to CA residents. CA residents are eligible for 10 vacation days and 7 sick days.
Maxim Healthcare Services makes all employment decisions, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, discharge, retirement, compensation, benefits, transfer, corrective action, or any other decisions affecting the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of federal, state, and local government entities. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, “disabled Veterans”, or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. Maxim values the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
What to Expect
Our checklist will walk you through updates in your applicant experience.
- Submit an Inquiry
- Submission Review
- Follow-Up by Recruiter
Maxim Healthcare is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please click here to view our EEO and AAP policy.