Instructional Designer - Level I
The Instructional Designer – Level I will design and develop custom learning programs and activities utilizing blended learning approaches, including highly interactive eLearning, mLearning and instructor-led training. The Instructional Designer Level I will work projects through to completion with some oversight, guidance and coaching from the Instructional Design Manager. The Instructional Designer Level I will also consult with subject matter experts to determine learning needs that meet specific business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops and creates learner-centered, performance –based learning solutions utilizing blended learning approaches
- Collaborates with Learning and Development Manager, Training Specialist(s), and Subject Matter Experts during the needs analysis to ensure that training fulfills the needs and objectives of the business and Company
- Collaborates with Training Specialist to design exercises, instructional activities, and training assessments that support learning initiatives
- Develops learning solutions using synchronous and asynchronous tools/software
- Develops training support materials such as job aids or handouts to reinforce learning that is clear, concise and accurate
- Ensures the instructional integrity of course development projects through systematic design and clear writing of scripts, narratives and storyboards
- Remains current with advances in the industry and incorporates into training as appropriate
- Contributes to the overall success of the Learning and Development department by identifying ways to continuously improve the learning process
- Utilizes blended learning approaches that include a balance between eLearning, traditional classroom, and other modalities as appropriate
- Recommends and selects appropriate media and delivery for learning solutions
- Adheres to Learning and Development design and quality standards
- Communicates frequently and effectively with stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts, and Project Sponsors throughout the life-cycle of a project
- Collaborates with Training Specialist on program/course revisions and updates
- Initiates the design process by scheduling design meetings and maintaining project timelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Adult Education, or a related field preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience designing and developing engaging and effective adult learning programs preferred
- Knowledge of principles of adult learning and needs assessment techniques
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of eLearning development tools (i.e. Articulate Storyline II, Camtasia, Audacity, Go-Animate and ProTools etc.)
- Ability to collaborate effectively with teammates, subject matter experts and project team to ensure a successful program
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge of the learning design cycle (ADDIE or SAM)
- Familiar with functionality of WebEx or other Virtual software
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
What to Expect
Our checklist will walk you through updates in your applicant experience.
- Submit an Inquiry
- Submission Review
- Follow-Up by Recruiter
Maxim Healthcare is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please click here to view our EEO and AAP policy.