Employee Relations Advisor I
- Receives and responds to inbound employee relations inquiries. May assist in monitoring the Employee Relations Hotline
- Utilizes software to accurately track and record employee relations issues
- Supports business areas by analyzing and recommending solutions to basic and intermediate employee relations issues across the West Coast region, providing effective and efficient delivery of value added services to internal and external customers in a fast-paced and changing organization
- Reviews and analyzes HR policies, practices and systems. Recommends and supports process and policy improvements
- Provides guidance, consultation, and assistance to management and employees on employee relations matters to include employee corrective actions and termination decisions
- Coordinates and monitors activities to ensure compliance of programs with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and guidelines as well as conforming to Maxim human resources management policies and procedures
- Responds to requests for information on HR policy interpretation from internal and external employees to include: conducting internal investigations for various employee grievances/complaints including sexual harassment allegations, discrimination and civil rights complaints
- Adheres to the Employee Relations service standards
- Assists Maxim's Legal department in the investigation and preparation of the company’s response to both federal and local EEOC and other agency charges/complaints
- Assists Maxim’s Compliance department in the investigation of compliance-related concerns
- Ensures compliance with government regulations reporting requirements (EEO)
- Assists in the facilitation of corporate training sessions with branch Account Managers and Recruiters
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field is preferred
- At least one (1) year of experience in Human Resources field within a multi-state, mid- to large-sized organization; any combination of education/experience may be substituted
- Prior work experience in the healthcare industry preferred
- Prior call center experience preferred; familiarity with case management software preferred
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Proven ability to meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong multi-tasking, time management, and organizational skills
- Must be a self-motivated team player
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local employment and government compliance regulations including: FLSA; Title VII; FMLA; ADA; ADEA and other laws and regulations affecting the workplace
- Ability to objectively and professionally coach employees and management through complex. confidential and difficult employee issues
- Must be able to recommend effective solutions to employee related problems and issues by using judgment that is consistent with company polices, practices and standards while maintaining compliance with federal and state regulations
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective and constructive relationships by being attentive and responsive, show honesty and integrity in dealing with people
- Strong computer proficiency required
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via superior communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
Our company is committed to maintaining a challenging environment that promotes personal accountability, personal growth, and an active role in the driving vision of the company. We offer competitive pay, full benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as 401(k), 529 college savings plan, basic life insurance with the option of supplemental and 17 days paid time off in addition to holidays and two floating holidays.
*Does not apply to CA residents. CA residents are eligible for 10 vacation days and 7 sick days.
Maxim Healthcare Services makes all employment decisions, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, discharge, retirement, compensation, benefits, transfer, corrective action, or any other decisions affecting the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of federal, state, and local government entities. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, “disabled Veterans”, or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. Maxim values the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members.
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
What to Expect
Our checklist will walk you through updates in your applicant experience.
- Submit an Inquiry
- Submission Review
- Follow-Up by Recruiter
Please click here to view our EEO and AAP policy.