System Administrator I
The System Administrator I(SA1) is part of the Systems Operations Team and is primarily responsible formonitoring and maintaining our virtual and physical server infrastructure. Activities also include executing StandardOperating Procedures (SOP’s), requirements gathering, running reports, patchand app installation, systems testing, and the building of virtual servers. The SA1 is an escalation point for servicerequests and incidents from the Solution Center (Helpdesk) as well as otherteams within the IS Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates a good operational familiarity with and understanding of Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems and Active Directory
- Possesses a conceptual understanding of all, if not the majority of, the technical areas that are supported by the IS Systems Operations Team :
- Server and Storage hardware (Cisco, HP, NetApp, Pure Storage)
- Microsoft Windows Server platforms and services (DNS, DHCP, PKI, PowerShell)
- System Management (Microsoft Systems Center, SolarWinds, SCCM, DynaTrace)
- Virtualization and Cloud (VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V, Azure)
- Identity and Access Management (Active Directory, FIM/MIM, SSO/ADFS)
- Enterprise Backup and Disaster Recovery (Rubrik, CommVault, Zerto)
- Enterprise Messaging (Exchange, Symantec Enterprise Vault, Lync/Skype, Office 365)
- System Security (DLP, vulnerability assessment and remediation, Anti-Virus, Host-based Firewall)
- Web Server platforms (IIS, Apache, SharePoint, F5 Load Balancers)
- Fulfills service requests and resolves incidents via the Service Now ticketing system.
- Monitors, investigates, and resolves events generated by the Enterprise System, Application, and Security Management tools, escalating issues to other teams as necessary.
- Performs operational health checks and maintenance tasks on critical infrastructure services and business applications to ensure their availability.
- Provide after-hours support for planned maintenance and incident resolution.
- Adheres to Maxim’s ITSM processes, e.g. Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, etc.
- Develops yearly goals and a professional development plan for themselves.
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field is preferred.
- Four to Eight (4 - 8) years of relevant IT experience.
- Hands on experience in several of the technical areas described above is required.
- An accredited certification in one of the technical areas described above is highly desirable.
- A passion for continual improvement and a commitment to investing the time needed to develop their professional competencies.
- An ability to effectively manage their time such that all assigned tasks are completed and all stakeholders are informed of their progress.
- An ability to document their work and raise issues to the management team when necessary.
- An ability to understand and deliver on the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- An ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers and team members in order to establish trust and respect.
- An ability to collaborate with others in a team setting to accomplish shared goals.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- An attention to detail and methodical approach to conducting workefforts.
- Proficiency inthe English language may be required
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
**CO Specific Benefits: Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Health Advocacy (company paid if enrolled Medical), Health Advocate Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account , 401(k), 401(k) Company Match, Profit Sharing, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Primary Caregiver Leave, Parental Leave, Life and Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Voluntary Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Hospital Expense Protection Plan, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Home and Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Transportation Benefits, CommonBond, Educational Assistance Program, College Partnership Program, Paid Time Off/Company Holidays
What to Expect
Our checklist will walk you through updates in your applicant experience.
- Submit an Inquiry
- Submission Review
- Follow-Up by Recruiter
Please click here to view our EEO and AAP policy.