RN - Adult Oncology Inpatient Unit
- Provides specialized oncology nursing care to patients in a hospital or clinic setting.
- Performs nursing procedures and prescribed medical treatments.
- Observes and assesses chemotherapy patients' conditions.
- Assures patient safety and stability; reports significant changes to supervisor or physician; records nursing notes on patient chart.
- Interviews and observes patients to ascertain medical history and current condition; reviews patients’ records; takes vital signs, assesses current condition and pain level.
- Administers chemotherapy, blood products, IV fluids and medications.
- Validates chemotherapy doses for accuracy.
- Reviews and carries out physician’s orders.
- Reports progress and unusual occurrences.
- Identifies patient needs and healthcare problems; develops goals, service delivery protocols, and nursing plan of care; evaluates patient progress and modifies care plans as needed.
- Records and reports all information within scope of authority.
- Performs assessment of patients; evaluates symptoms, and determines essential care required.
- Prepares patients for physician’s examination, and assists in examination and treatment of patient.
- Educates patients and families about cancer diagnosis, prognosis and treatment options.
- Instructs individual patients and family on follow-up care, toxicity and side effects of chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- Assists in assessment of pain management.
- Other duties as assigned
- Active, unrestricted RN license in any state
2-3 yrs of recent strong Oncology or Med Surg experience in an acute care setting
ONS Chemotherapy/Biotherapy certification preferred
- Current BLS card
Full time Night shift– 8 and 12 hr shifts Monday-Friday and holidays as needed
For further information and/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact a recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
**CO Specific Benefits: Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Health Advocacy (company paid if enrolled Medical), Health Advocate Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account , 401(k), 401(k) Company Match, Profit Sharing, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Primary Caregiver Leave, Parental Leave, Life and Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Voluntary Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Hospital Expense Protection Plan, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Home and Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Transportation Benefits, CommonBond, Educational Assistance Program, College Partnership Program, Paid Time Off/Company Holidays
What to Expect
Our checklist will walk you through updates in your applicant experience.
- Submit an Inquiry
- Submission Review
- Follow-Up by Recruiter
Please click here to view our EEO and AAP policy.