DCW - HH Driver
The Direct Support Professional follows the guidelines of the contracted facility in which they are working and provides assistance with activities of daily living and/or instrumental activities of daily living to consumers in accordance with the plan of care. The Direct Support Professional will be supervised in a manner determined by the contracting facility.
- Provides assistance to assigned consumers under supervision determined by the contracting facility; this may include:
- Bathing (tub, shower, bed bath)
- Oral hygiene care including denture care
- Shampoo/hair care
- Nail care; cleaning, filing
- Dressing and undressing
- Toileting activities, including use of bedpan, urinal, bedside commode
- Emptying Foley Catheter drainage bag
- Applying lotion
- Skin care
- Emptying and care of stoma appliances
- Assisting with ambulation and transfer activities, including:
- Transferring in/out of bed, including the use of mechanical lifting equipment with applicable
- Transferring to chair, wheel chair, toilet, bedside commode
- Assisting or providing stand-by assistance with ambulation
- Assisting with walker, cane, crutches, or other ambulation assistance devises
- Assisting with prescribed passive or active Range of Motion (ROM) exercises or other prescribed exercises when patient and the Direct Support Professional have been instructed by the appropriate health professional
- Assisting with nutritional and dietary needs, including: Preparing meals, serving meal(s), Feeding consumers to ensure adequate nutrition and fluid intake, Washing/drying dishes
- Providing for safe and sanitary environment, including: Making bed, changing linen as needed, Dusting and tidying room used by consumer, Washing consumer’s personal clothing (if facilities available)
- Utilizing basic infection control technique and procedures:
- Reminding consumer to take medications
- Maintaining consumer confidentiality
- Encouraging consumer control and promoting the independent living philosophy
- Other Direct Support Professional duties as assigned
- Be at least (18) years of age; and
- Have graduated from high school or acquired a GED
- Ability to read and write proficiently in English
- Reliable transportation
- Current CPR card
- Successfully completed the Direct Support Professional curriculum as adopted by DHHS, or DHHS’s approved Assessment of Prior Learning, prior to July 1, 2011 or has successfully completed the Direct Support classes. If the staff or subcontractor has not obtained Direct Support Professional (DSP) certification prior to hire, he or she may complete the College courses of Direct Support within six (6) months of date of hire if permitted by the contracting facility.
- All new staff or subcontractors must have completed the Introduction to Developmental Disabilities, Professionalism, Individual Rights and Choice, and Maltreatment modules.
- A Direct Support Professional who also provides Individual or Work Support Group must have completed the additional employment modules from the Direct Support classes in order to provide services.
- A Direct Support Professional who also provides Career Planning must have completed the additional employment modules from the Direct Support classes and an additional 6 hours of Career Planning and Discovery training provided through the Workforce Development System.
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
**CO Specific Benefits: Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Health Advocacy (company paid if enrolled Medical), Health Advocate Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account , 401(k), 401(k) Company Match, Profit Sharing, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Primary Caregiver Leave, Parental Leave, Life and Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Voluntary Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Hospital Expense Protection Plan, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Home and Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Transportation Benefits, CommonBond, Educational Assistance Program, College Partnership Program, Paid Time Off/Company Holidays
What to Expect
Our checklist will walk you through updates in your applicant experience.
- Submit an Inquiry
- Submission Review
- Follow-Up by Recruiter
Please click here to view our EEO and AAP policy.