Day Nurse - Pediatric GTube - Private Duty
Maxim Healthcare Services’ Virginia Beach, Virginia Homecare Office is seeking Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) to provide direct care for Pediatric patients within our client's homes located in Norfolk, Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, Portsmouth, Suffolk and surrounding areas.
Nurses will be following a physician established plan of treatment and working under the supervision of the Director of Clinical Services to provide and instruct patients and their families in proper treatment, help individuals and groups take steps to improve or maintain health. As a Maxim Nurse you will assess and record symptoms and/or reactions, progress in your patient(s), administer medications, and assist in rehabilitation in accordance with the physician's established plan of treatment. Maxim believes that qualified nurses are advocates and health educators for patients, families and communities.
Responsibilities - Open to RNs
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
- Assess signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient’s condition.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and information from health care members and documents actual and/or potential nursing diagnoses.
- Documents the patient’s plan of care using identified nursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing interventions.
- Performs interventions according to identified priorities, plan of care, and the hospital policies and patient care outcome standard.
- Revises the plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care, and effective/ineffective nursing interventions.
- Uses clinical judgment in evaluation activities to meet patient care needs of an assigned unit/floor including establishing priorities.
- Other LPN duties as assigned.
Shift available - Days, Full-time and Part-time. Flexible scheduling.
We provide Pediatric and Adult on training Gtubes -Trachs - Vents and more.
Qualifications: Open to RNs as well
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license in the State in which the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) practices.
- One year of Licensed Practical Nurse LPN) experience preferred.
- Current BLS card - CPR must be Healthcare Provider. No online classes accepted.
- Copy of updated PPD or Chest x-ray
- Reliable transportation
If you are interested in working one on one with a patient in the home setting, and truly impacting an individual’s life, please apply today
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
**CO Specific Benefits: Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Health Advocacy (company paid if enrolled Medical), Health Advocate Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account , 401(k), 401(k) Company Match, Profit Sharing, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Primary Caregiver Leave, Parental Leave, Life and Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Voluntary Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Hospital Expense Protection Plan, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Home and Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Transportation Benefits, CommonBond, Educational Assistance Program, College Partnership Program, Paid Time Off/Company Holidays
What to Expect
Our checklist will walk you through updates in your applicant experience.
- Submit an Inquiry
- Submission Review
- Follow-Up by Recruiter
Please click here to view our EEO and AAP policy.