Thank you for your continued service to our communities during this unprecedented time.
The health and safety of our nurses and healthcare professionals continues to be our top priority during the COVID-19 outbreak, and we are taking measures to protect your health.
What We Are Asking Employees To Do:
The CDC has issued guidance to businesses to help prevent the spread of the virus, which we are monitoring and following. Based on that guidance, all employees are asked to do the following:
- Don’t go to work if you are sick, and avoid contact with others as much as possible. If you are sick, please contact your Maxim representative.
- If you are an employee working in a facility, follow the protocol established by the facility.
- If you are not sick but have a sick family member at home who has been diagnosed with COVID19 or you believe you may have otherwise been exposed to COVID-19, you should notify your local Maxim field office representative of your potential exposure, and refrain from reporting to work until speaking with Maxim for further instructions. Maxim will conduct the appropriate risk assessment as recommended by the CDC and will discuss options with you.
- If you are placed in quarantine, home restrictions, or are advised to take any other precautions by federal, state, or local health authorities, comply with all such instructions. Notify your local Maxim field office representative, so that Maxim may make arrangements appropriate to the situation, such as by placing you on an appropriate leave of absence.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. After touching your eyes, nose, or mouth, or after contact with people who may be sick, wash your hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the used tissue in the trash and wash your hands. If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow or shoulder.
- Follow infection control and handwashing hygiene. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If you do not have access to soap and water, use a hand sanitizer containing 60%-95% alcohol. Soap and water should be used preferentially when your hands are visibly dirty. More information about coughing and sneezing etiquette and cleaning your hands is available from the CDC.
- Follow any Maxim or facility-mandated (if applicable) instructions and health authority guidance regarding use of a facemask.
As a traveler with Maxim, if your facility determines that you need to be quarantined because you are exposed to COVID-19 while on assignment, you will be paid during your quarantine – up to two weeks.
In the event that your facility determines your need to be quarantined, please have this form completed, and we’ll take care of the rest!
If you decide to self-quarantine due to factors outside of a facility-mandated quarantine, you may use unpaid leave or flex time as applicable and available to you.
- Coronavirus: Protect Yourself and Others
- Coronavirus: Managing Fear
- Resources for Parents: Support At-Home Children
- Use and Cleaning of Cloth Masks
- Making a Cloth Face Covering
- Donning and Doffing PPE
- Using N95 Respirators in the Absence of Fit Testing
- Using Gowns
We are all responsible for keeping our workplace safe, and your proactive steps are needed to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and provide updates as needed.
Thank you for all you do – each and every day – to serve our communities.
Questions? Visit our COVID-19 FAQ page or reach out to your recruiter by text, email or phone.