What is respite care?
Respite care services enable individuals to comfortably remain in their own environments, while providing caregivers with a much needed interval of rest or relief. A period of respite may be a few hours to a few days in length. These short-term breaks can help to relieve stress, restore energy, and promote balance in your life.
Maxim’s respite team is comprised of caregivers that have experience in a variety of settings, including hospitals, retirement homes, an one-on-one homecare cases. Our assistance offers families an opportunity to take a break from their caregiving responsibilities, by trusting our dependable, skilled and compassionate caregiver with your loved one.
Our respite services include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Performing personal care (bathing, grooming, etc)
- Meal preparation
- Performing light housekeeping
- Providing companionship
- Oral hygiene and skin care
- Incontinence care
- Assistance with ambulation
- Providing transfer assistance
- Obtaining pulse, temperature, and respiration
Services provided may vary by office location.
Can I get respite care near me? Find out by searching for an office near you to learn more.