As a valued patient or family member, we would like you to know that it is of paramount importance for us to protect the health and safety of our employees and patients.
Maxim is closely monitoring the latest developments regarding COVID-19 in order to ensure that we are following all appropriate recommendations from health authorities and to proactively implement measures to ensure a safe workplace.
We encourage you to stay informed with the latest information and guidance from the CDC, WHO, OSHA and local health departments. As safety is everyone’s top priority, your cooperation with the temporary measures discussed below is appreciated.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your local Maxim representative.
The CDC has issued guidance to businesses to help prevent the spread of the virus, which we are monitoring and following. Based on that guidance, all Maxim employees and patients are asked to do the following:
- Don’t go to work if you are sick, and avoid contact with others as much as possible.
- If you are not sick but have a sick family member at home who has been diagnosed with COVID19 or you believe you may have otherwise been exposed to COVID-19, you should notify your 2 local Maxim field office representative of your potential exposure. Maxim employees are to refrain from reporting to work until speaking with Maxim for further instructions.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. After touching your eyes, nose, or mouth, or after contact with people who may be sick, wash your hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the used tissue in the trash and wash your hands. If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow or shoulder.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If you do not have access to soap and water, use a hand sanitizer containing 60%-95% alcohol. Soap and water should be used preferentially when your hands are visibly dirty. More information about coughing and sneezing etiquette and cleaning your hands is available from the CDC.
- Perform routine environmental cleaning. Routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces in your home. Use disposable wipes or other cleaning agents that are usually used in these areas according to the directions on the label.
- Follow health authority guidance regarding use of a facemask.
- Employees or patients who are traveling outside the United States should check the CDC’s Traveler’s Health Notices for the latest guidance and recommendations for each country to be visited.
Maxim is continuously evaluating the risk of any COVID-19 exposure in the workplace in accordance with OSHA requirements and current CDC recommendations. In the event there is a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 exposure at work, Maxim will promptly coordinate with appropriate federal, state, or local health officials to determine the appropriate response. Steps Maxim may take (subject to updated information from public health authorities) include:
- Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 or has been exposed to COVID-19 directly will be sent home or for appropriate medical care.
- Maxim will take steps to ensure appropriate environmental cleaning of its own facilities in accordance with applicable health authority and OSHA recommendations.
- If an employee or patient is diagnosed with COVID-19, Maxim will consult with health authorities and, where appropriate, inform other employees of their possible exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace. Please understand that Maxim must treat information about coworkers confidentially, and so you may not be provided with specific information about another person’s illness or circumstances. However, Maxim will inform appropriate health authorities and follow all guidelines and directives that authorities may issue. We are all responsible for our safe workplace, and your proactive steps are needed to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and provide updates as needed. Should you have any questions, please reach out to your local Maxim representative.
Thank you for trusting Maxim Healthcare with your home healthcare needs.