Rest, relief and quality respite care
Caring for a loved one can be demanding. You may not have the resources, time or energy to do so. That is where Maxim comes in. Maxim’s respite services can help you take a break from your caregiving responsibilities.
What is respite care?
Respite care services enable individuals to comfortably remain in their own environments, while providing caregivers with a much-needed interval of rest or relief. A period of respite may be a few hours to a few days in length. These short-term breaks can help to relieve stress, restore energy, and promote balance in your life.
Advantages and benefits
- Gives breaks to family caregivers
- Stress relief
- Renewed energy
- The patient maintains human interaction
- The patient can remain in the comfort of the home
Providing care in different settings
Maxim’s respite team is comprised of caregivers that have experience in a variety of settings, including hospitals, retirement homes, and one-on-one home care cases. Our assistance offers families an opportunity to take a break from their caregiving responsibilities, by trusting our dependable, skilled and compassionate caregiver with your loved one.
Our respite services include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Performing personal care (bathing, grooming, etc)
- Meal preparation
- Performing light housekeeping
- Providing companionship
- Oral hygiene and skin care
- Incontinence care
- Assistance with ambulation
- Providing transfer assistance
- Obtaining pulse, temperature, and respiration